The Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board has no Infrared filter, which makes it perfect for taking Infrared photographs or photographing objects in low light (twilight) conditions! The camera plugs directly into the CSI connector on the Raspberry Pi. It's able to deliver clear 5MP resolution image, or 1080p HD video recording at 30fps! Latest Version 1.3!
Custom designed and manufactured by the Raspberry Pi Foundation in the UK, the Raspberry Pi Camera Board features a 5MP (2592×1944 pixels) Omnivision 5647 sensor in a fixed focus module. The module attaches to Raspberry Pi, by way of a 15 Pin Ribbon Cable, to the dedicated 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI), which was designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data to the BCM2835 processor.
The board itself is tiny, at around 25mm x 20mm x 9mm, and weighs just over 3g, making it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and weight are important. The sensor itself has a native resolution of 5 megapixel, and has a fixed focus lens onboard. In terms of still images, the camera is capable of 2592 x 1944 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 60fps and 640x480p 60/90 video recording.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, the Raspberry Pi's preferred operating system.
The Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board Features:
- No IR filter - Great for Low Light Conditions
- Fully Compatible with Both the Model A and Model B Raspberry Pi
- 5MP Omnivision 5647 Camera Module
- 1.4 µm X 1.4 µm pixel with OmniBSI technology for high performance (high sensitivity, low crosstalk, low noise)
Optical size of 1/4"
Automatic Image Control Functions:
- automatic exposure control (AEC)
- automatic white balance (AWB)
- automatic band filter (ABF)
- automatic 50/60 Hz luminace detection
- automatic black level calibration (ABLC)
Programmable controls for frame rate - AEC/AGC 16-zone size/position/weight control, mirror and flip, cropping, windowing, and panning
- Still Picture Resolution: 2592 x 1944
- Video: Supports 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 60fps and 640x480p 60/90 Recording
- 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface - Plugs Directly into the Raspberry Pi Board
- 32 bytes of Embedded one-time programmable (OTP) memory
- Digital video port (DVP) parallel output interface
- Size: 20 x 25 x 9mm
- Weight 3g
- Fully Compatible with the ModMyPi Raspberry Pi Case
What's this Blue Thing?